Tax Agents in Dubai, UAE
The Federal Law No (7) of 2017 on tax procedures specifies the appointment of a tax agent to represent taxable persons before the Federal tax authority (FTA) with regards to his tax affairs and taxable obligations.
Who can be a Tax Agent in Dubai/UAE?
A tax agent should meet the below conditions for registration in the register of tax agents at the FTA.
- He should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in tax, accounting or law from a recognized educational institution; or a tax certification from an internationally known tax institution if the Bachelor’s degree is in any other field.
- He holds a recent professional experience certificate (of a period of at least 3 years in either tax, accounting or law).
- He holds a certificate of good conduct.
- He holds a certificate of medically fitness.
- He holds a valid professional indemnity insurance.
- He holds a language proficiency certificate in both Arabic and English, written and spoken.
The responsibilities of a Tax agent are as under:
The following are the duties and responsibilities of Tax agents when appointed by Taxable people to assist them:
- Assist the taxable person with their tax obligations. For eg. helping the businesses register with the FTA.
- Preparing and submitting tax returns to the FTA on behalf of the businesses.Refuse to participate in any work or planning which may result in a breach of any law by any person or may jeopardize the integrity of the tax system or result in a loss of revenue due to the FTA.
- Facilitate and offer assistance during a tax audit.Provide the FTA with all the information, documents, records and data required for any taxable Person represented by the tax agent upon the FTA’s request.
- Enquiring about tax related matters with the FTA.
- Submitting requests for reconsideration of decisions issued by the FTA.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any information obtained in the course of performing its duties.